The Workforce Accelerator Generating Employment (W.A.G.E.) construction Fundamentals program will give you the skills and training you need to get a job in this quickly-growing sector.
- 9-week program, 28 hours per week**
- New sessions starting Fall 2021 and Winter 2022
- Learn the latest techniques in concrete forming and production framing
- Get hands-on training in Mohawk College’s world-class facilities
- Limited Space Available!
**Days and time may vary depending on Mohawk’s academic delivery schedule.
The program will offer 4 of the 10 courses required for the Mohawk Construction Techniques certificate*:
- Concrete Forming and Finishing Techniques
- Production Framing Techniques
- Workplace Safety
- Surveying and Layout CET
*Conditions apply. Subject to Mohawk College’s
Course Exemption Policy
Additional Program Supports:
- Employability skills webinars and training sessions
- Childcare subsidy and transportation assistance
- Association memberships, industry certifications, safety training and equipment purchases
- Assistance completing OCAS applications
If you are interested in joining the W.A.G.E. Construction Fundamentals program, join us at an upcoming information session to determine if you qualify.
Connect with IEC Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org
As perMohawk College policy, COVID-19 vaccinations are required to attend City School in-person programs effective September 7, 2021. To attend in-person classes you must have had at least the first COVID-19 vaccine by that date but the second vaccination must be received by October 15, with proof of full (two-step) vaccination required by no later than October 30, 2021. Formal exemptions may be requested; additional supporting documentation and screening requirements will apply.
Want to learn more about how Mohawk College is responding to COVID-19 and how to receive a vaccination? Visit Mohawk College’s COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates