Three $100 gift cards are up for grabs! Take a selfie with one of our WAGE Program bus shelter ads, post it on Twitter/ Instagram/ Facebook, and tag IEC of Hamilton for your chance to win. Remember to like and share!
Entries must be received on or before September 30, 2022.
Open to residents of Ontario, aged 19+.
- Barton Street (west of Kenilworth Avenue)
- Barton Street East (west of Nash Road)
- Barton Street East (east of Centennial Parkway)
- Highway 8 (east of Fruitland Road)
- James Street (south of Main Street)
- Queenston Road (east of Lake Avenue)
- Queenston Road (east of Pottruff Road)
- Upper Sherman Avenue (north of Mohawk Road)
- Upper Wentworth Street (north of Rymal Road East)
- Upper Wentworth Street (south of Mohawk Road East)
The Workforce Accelerator Generating Employment (W.A.G.E.) II Construction Fundamentals program will give you the skills and training you need to get a job in this quickly-growing sector.
16-weeks, full-time hours Monday through Friday
Get hands-on training in Mohawk College’s world-class facilities
Limited Spaces Available!
New sessions starting:
- May 2022
- August 2022
- December 2022
The program will offer 3 credit courses that can be used towards Mohawk's Construction Techniques certificate*:
*Conditions apply. Subject to Mohawk College’s
Course Exemption Policy
Students will also receive industry-recognized certifications such as:
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Standard First Aid with CPR
- Health & Safety Awareness
- Working at Heights
- Propane in Construction
- Skid Steer Loader
- Rough Terrain Forklift
- Mini Excavator Safety
- Chainsaw Safety
- Confined Space
- Hoisting & Rigging
- Traffic Control
- Oxy-Acetylene Cutting & Burning
- Fire Watch
- Asbestos Awareness
- Elevating Work Platform
Additional Program Supports:
- Employability skills webinars and training sessions
- Childcare subsidy and transportation assistance
- Program Entry & Exit Toolkits
- Association memberships and equipment purchases
- Assistance in completing OCAS applications
If you are interested in joining the W.A.G.E. Construction Fundamentals program, join us at an upcoming information session to determine if you qualify.
Connect with IEC Hamilton at email@example.com