Small Business Foundations for Women
- built confidence that can help them in starting a new business.
- were able to describe their own personal skills that can contribute to their success as an entrepreneur.
- improved presentation skills while learning to develop and deliver a business pitch.
Funding for this project was provided by Women4Change at Hamilton Community Foundation.
Engineers in the Classrooms
Small Business & Entrepreneurship
- were empowered and inspired to build their confidence to start a new business.
- developed an understanding of, connections in and practical experience with Hamilton’s small business and entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- received a low-risk exploration of and introduction to the process and mechanics of business ownership such as registration, licensing and funding.
Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship Certification
Mentors In Greater Hamilton Teaching Youth (M.I.G.H.T.Y.)
- Earn ‘certifications’, ‘reach ahead’, ‘experiential learning’ and ‘co-op’ towards fulfilling SHSM requirements
- Develop your own business plan with support of a mentor and coach, apply to the Summer Company Program (grant opportunity up to $3000)
- Opportunity to earn 2 Co-op credits over the summer running your own business